Rain gutter extensions San Antonio installations are also called downspout extensions. These are the attachments that are installed at the end of the downspouts to channel rainwater from the roof and further away from a building’s foundation.
A guttering system is meant to collect rainwater and divert it away to ensure that it does not cause damage to the roof, foundation, siding and landscaping. However, rainwater fails to drain away after leaving the downspout in some cases. Instead, it collects around the foundation of a building.
When water pools around the foundation of a building, it can erode the flower beds, lawn, and cause flooding of the crawlspaces and the basement. Seepage of the water that pools around a building into the foundation can cause cracking. Excessive moisture can also lead to mildew and mold problems in other parts of a building.
In some cases, it’s possible to solve drainage problems with splash blocks placement at the point where rainwater exists downspouts.
However, splash blocks may not be sufficient if:
- You receive rainfall in large amount
- The land where the building was constructed was not graded properly
- The basement is flooded or damp
Types of Rain Gutter Extensions San Antonio Installations
There are different types of rain gutter extensions that you can install in your building.
Major among them include:
- Flexible gutter extensions- These are plastic pipes that are corrugated. They can be bent to direct rainwater to a location that you prefer. You can invest in adapters that connect flexible pipes to the downspout to extend the length of the extensions. To ensure even distribution of rainwater, install perforated pipes.
- Roll-out extensions- These are extensions that automatically roll out whenever it rains. They coil once rainwater stops flowing through the downspouts. The major drawback of this type of extensions is that they may fail to extend if there is no heavy rainfall.
- Flip-up extensions- These extensions come with an attached hinge to enable them to flip up and out when required. Flip up extensions provide greater convenience when it comes to mowing the lawn near a building.
To prevent rainwater drainage problems, install more elaborate extensions that help you deal with rainwater better. MT Gutters can inspect your home and recommend the most appropriate extensions to install in your property.
Call us now to discuss your rain gutters extensions San Antonio installation with competent professionals!